The Haunting Time Is Coming Near!

The Ghoullog - Mountaintop Haunt at Cranmore, North Conway, NH

Tilapia and Shrimp for Deeeeener.

So I know I declared a little while ago that I cook so well I amaze myself.

Well, I do!

And here's a quick and easy recipe that you can throw together and eat in about 15 minutes, or less depending on how quick you prep. Yes... Dinner can be that easy!

I'm sure you all know I love to cook. Yes, I do.
But I don't necessarily love spending hours in the kitchen, toiling over fantastic creations that are absolutely decadent. There are times for that... They're called Holidays.

This dinner is for any night of the week. Or lunch. Or whenever you decide.

Tilapia is a great fish that I like to cook with, since it's got a very mild flavor and it's tendency to take on whatever flavors it's cooked with. Read on, dear friend, for the mouthwatering recipe... You probably won't believe from the pictures that there's really just two ingredients added to the fish and shrimp.

The Recipe:
Olive Oil
Lemon Pepper
Handful of medium shrimp
2-4 fillets of Tilapia
Fresh Salad and fixins to go in it

Turn your oven on, to 350 degrees.
Toss the shrimp in about a tablespoon of Olive Oil, and a few shakes of the pepper.
Line a good sized pan (I used a roasting pan) with tin foil and drizzle the bottom with Olive Oil. This will prevent the fish from sticking when you cook it. Lay the fillets in, drizzle with a little more Olive Oil, and season with the Lemon Pepper generously.

It should look something like this when you're done

Photobucket

Yes... I know, uncooked shrimp colors kind of eek me out too.
Once the food's in, time for 13-15 minutes. You'll know it's close to being done with the delicious aroma starts to fill the kitchen... Yes, you know what I'm talking about! Lemony goodness!
Remove from the oven once it's finished cooking, and let sit to cool off for about two minutes.

While you're waiting for it to cool, go ahead and put the salads together. I like to use bagged, just for ease.. But it all depends on what's a good deal. Chop up some cucumbers, tomatoes, any fresh veggies.

This is what I came up with tonight:

Photobucket

Wegmans is getting the plug tonight- since they're the local grocer for me! Once I put the food together, I went ahead and put a little of their Lemon Dill finishing butter on the fish. Honestly- it didn't need much. (easy to make- chop about 1 tablespoon of fresh dill to 2 tablespoons of softened butter)

Photobucket

So that was dinner tonight.
Quick.
Easy.
Delicious!

And I can't wait to make it again...

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Back to Home Back to Top The Snarky Princess. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.