The Haunting Time Is Coming Near!

The Ghoullog - Mountaintop Haunt at Cranmore, North Conway, NH

Introduction to be made, I suppose.

Well. Where to start.
I'm a 28 year old girl, living far far away from home and family.
However, that didn't stop the hilarity of situations from following me anywhere I seem to go.

Yep, a New England girl through and through... I dug up my roots, moved thousands of miles away (at least it seems like it's that far) and re-potted myself down here in Northern VA.
Why move?
Well, I'm not attached, no kids, no "baggage". It was quite simple for me to make the choice to pack up and move down here. Cut to February 2008, my birthday. Fired hours later. After that, current boyfriend dumped me.

Has anyone else had such a birthday!?
I sure hope not... It was AWFUL.
And since things couldn't just be simple and bad enough as it was... There was a funeral I had to go to also. Wonderful.

But that's what got the wheel turning to get my butt down here, for a "visit", and ultimately to stay.
I have to say- I'm liking it OK.
Maybe my opinion will change with the addition of some nice folks.

I don't know why us "Yankees" get such a bad name... It seems like anyone I talk to, who doesn't first know that I'm actually a real New Englander, has a bad opinion of them.
"They're so dry."
"Oh, no sense of humor."
"They're awfully short, don't like to talk much."
And my personal favorite... "They're just not friendly!"

Um... Yes, we ARE friendly!
I can't tell you HOW many times I've simply smiled at someone here in VA, and I get a stare out of the corner of their eyes like my head is about to explode and spew my bloody brains all over them.
Or even gathered up the balls to say "Good Morning!" to someone, just to have them snarl at me.
WTF?!

I didn't do anything wrong.
Sorry if I try to be friendly or something, it's what I was brought up to do.
Treat others as you would like to be treated. But I have a sneaking suspicion that if I were to do that down here... I'd be one nasty person.

*sighs*

Maybe one day, the rest of the world will get it.

I, however... Doubt that!

So I'll just keep making funny faces at the mean people behind their backs.
I'll keep cussing out stupid drivers that don't know how to use the blinker function in their vehicle.
(especially Marylanders...)
I come up with creative ways to get back at people.
Suggestions are always welcome, too!

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Back to Home Back to Top The Snarky Princess. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.